“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” – Ben Franklin
Who is this for?
Schools, University programs, Youth exchanges (Program is adaptable to different situations, environments)
Duration: +/- 40 hrs (includes online/ offline discussions, project management using padlet, miro, murol, zoom)
Short Program Overview:
Students will be invited to use Design thinking methodology to identify the challenges they face and elaborate with young people: climate change, abuse of the environmental recourses, consumption, social injustice and others. With Fridays for Future young people express already their disagreement to how older generations approach the issues.
Is it possible to co-create with them long-term actions, where all generations could get involved in common strategy?
- Understand current environmental and social challenges (7R’s:rethink, reuse, reduce, refuse, repair, recycle, rot).
- Start a 7-day Waste challenge! Explore individual and group challenges in today’s society.
- Rethink the current way of doing: prepare young people to co-create a more circular, sustainable world.
- Co-create potential solutions that can be multiplied on local and European level.
- Learn Design Thinking process by applying it to solve concrete challenge. Students will have a chance to interact with others via synchronized meetings on an online platform (Zoom) as well as explore their own communities and report the results using common online tools, like Padlet and Miro.
If you are interested to learn more about this program, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Let’s work together to inspire and mentor youth to become the changemakers of today.